On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure I follow this. Why would an interface use extra memory?
> I can see that it might add a bit more to the static size of a class,
> but why would it add more to each instance of a class that uses it?

It's not the interface itself.  It's the fact that you have to have
more objects loaded into memory when you use the interface-based
approach.  For example, if BCEL has some object that represents a
class' metadata, then we'll have to put some "adapter" object in front
of it that implements our metadata API interface and knows how to
speak BCEL-speak to extract the information.