On 8/7/12 11:02 PM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a new component Commons JNDI for the sandbox.
>
> The aim would be to have a very lightweight JNDI implementation (no
> server, or something like that) that's not necessarily suitable for
> production, but ideally suited for use in test suites, and the like.
> For example, commons dbcp might use this to verify configuration via
> JNDI. The new implementation ought to be driven by property, XML, or
> JSON files.
> Possible starting points:
>
> - Import Simple JNDI, which already comes very close to the target.
> Henri Yandell, one of the Simple JNDI authors has given his agreement.
> - Import Tomcat JNDI, no contact with the Tomcat developers exists on
> that topic.

+1 - Gary's DS suggestion also merits a look.  But do-ocracy rules -
whichever them who is doin' the work likes the most should win.  We
just need to make sure whatever we start with gets granted
appropriately if it is not "from scratch."  Years ago, we started
such a thing here, based on the tomcat in-memory provider and then
moved it to the then incubating ADS project.  It died there.  +1 to
try again here.

Phil