Le 2012-08-09 00:25, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
Hi Luc,

Hi Gilles,

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 08:33:43PM -0000, l...@apache.org wrote:
Author: luc
Date: Wed Aug  8 20:33:43 2012
New Revision: 1370951

Log:
Added a new package dealing with differentials.

The package is intended to deals with one or more free parameters and
derivation order 1 or higher.

The core elements are based on Dan Kalman paper "Recursive Multivariate Automatic Differentiation", Mathematics Magazine, vol. 75, no. 3, June
2002. For efficiency, the recursive structure is compiled as simple
loops once for each pair (number of free parameters, derivation order).

This is work in progress, there are still some features missing even in the most basic blocks (typically the asin, acos, atan, atant2 and taylor
methods in DSCompiler). There are also still no high level
differentiator implementation.

Added:
commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/ commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DSCompiler.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DerivativeStructure.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/UnivariateDifferential.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/UnivariateDifferentiator.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/package-info.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/ commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DSCompilerTest.java (with props) commons/proper/math/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/math3/analysis/differentiation/DerivativeStructureTest.java (with props)
Modified:
    commons/proper/math/trunk/src/changes/changes.xml
commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math3/util/FastMath.java

-1

The commit reverted earlier changes in "FastMath.java". [The mixup shows in
the other message (part [2/2]) from "commits@".]

Ooops. I'm sorry for that, I did not detect it. Thanks for spotting it!

Moreover, the introduction of "pow(double,int)" could have been done first
and separately from the differentiation stuff.

Yes, it would have been better.

Please revert the changes to "FastMath.java".

It's done now. I'll commit the change to add the integer power in a few minutes as a separate commit.

I don't get how this could happen; isn't subversion supposed to detect that
the working copy is outdated?

I think this is due to some wrong manual handling by myself: as this feature took quite a long time to develop, I was working on different machines with different working copies and copied files back and forth between them. I have probably missed something and copied a file after having updated it from the repository, hence subversion thought the changes were new changes I wanted to introduce.

I will take more care to avoid this in the future.

Thanks for spotting this and sorry again to have mixed things up.

best regards,
Luc

Sorry,