Hi Gilles,

2012/11/17 Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 08:09:13PM +0100, Sébastien Brisard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2012/11/16 Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
> >
> > > Hi.

> right
> > > >
> <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
> > > >

> <project.reporting.outputEncoding>UTF-8</project.reporting.outputEncoding>
> of
> > > the

> > > config.

> > > I'd think that this should be changed here.
> > >
> > > What do you mean? In the parent pom? I think this is a radical change;
> > maybe not everyone is keen on using UTF-8 encoding.
>
> According to that other thread about the CMS, I assumed that UTF-8 should
> be
> the default here too.
>
> Ah, I understand, now. What we can do is perform the changes locally (CM
only) for the time being, that would be the quickest I think. Then when
migration to CMS is done, maybe overriding commons.encoding will become
unnecessary. We will then remove it from our pom. I'll keep an eye on
future releases of commons-parent.

> > The changes I propose (they must be validated by others more familiar
> with
> > maven) keep the spirit of our own pom, in which we override the default
> > encoding. Only, this default encoding is at the moment not correctly
> > overriden.
>
> As you said that it works, and nobody emitted an objection, I assume that
> you are free to fix the problem.
>
> It *seems* to work, but as I said, I'm no maven guru, and maybe there are
some side-effect. OK let's give this change a go, and we'll see.
Thanks for your advice,
Sébastien