Am 05.12.2012 23:13, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
Hi Oliver,

AFAIK beanutils is not restricted to pure JavaBeans. The project website
just says that the component provides simple wrappers around the java
refelct and introspect API. So I would say, that the functionality you
propsed would fit nicely into BU (maybe the scope has changed and now the
name is a bit misleading?!).

Regarding your question where to implement it: I did some work on beanutils
2, but there are several outstanding issues on JIRA that block me from
providing more patches. So development is a bit stuck until someone can
step in and review those issues and the patches attached to them.
After that, there are a some points to address before BU2 can be promoted
to proper and eventually be released [1].
So if you need that functionality quickly, it would probably be easier to
add it to BU1 and push out a release.

Thanks,

it is not that urgent because [configuration] is currently undergoing a redesign for the 2.0 version which will take some time. I hope to find some cycles in the near future to provide a patch with the proposed feature for [beanutils].

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be much interest in this component currently.

Oliver

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/5zgoyid5ld7otwsv