On 11 March 2013 21:18, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> 2013/3/11 Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> [took me a few days longer since I wanted to incorporate fixes for the
>> two issues that popped up last week.  So here we go.]
>>
>> With 30 JIRA issues fixed it is about time to cut a new release of
>> Commons Compress.
>>
>>   Tarballs:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/cc-1.5/
>

> I've noticed, that the src archives differ from the RC tag. The following
> files are missing:
> .gitattributes
> .gitignore
> doap_compress.rdf
> PROPOSAL.txt
>
> Is this intended?

The .git* files are only really for use by SVN.

The other two files are not really needed as part of the source release.
[Indeed it might be sensible to move the DOAP files outside trunk (and
thus tags/branches) - they are only needed for creating the
projects.a.o site - and it's confusing to have them in the source
archive.

It is not a big deal if some SVN files are missing from the source
archive, so long as they are not needed.
However, files in the source archive that are not in SVN should ring
alarm bells - that's almost certainly an error.