On 3 April 2013 10:49, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/03/2013 10:02 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>
>> Hi Mladen!
>>
>> artifacts produced by the assembly-plugin can be detached from the project
>> by setting to `false` the `attach`[1] property.
>> In that way, -(src|bin)\.(zip|tar\.gz) artifacts won't be deployed.
>>

> Seems exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
> So for daemon I would set attach=false to bin, native-src and src
> assemblies
> meaning only win and .jar would be deployed. Nice.

Unfortunately that also detaches the archives from the hash generation
process.
So you need to add code (e.g. antrun) to create the hashes.

See:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/trunk/parent-pom/pom.xml
line# approx: 1200

[taken from posting on Creadur/RAT list]

You may find it also drops the archives from the signing phase.

==

Although there is a disadvantage to the current process (the Nexus repo
needs to be tidied up before release), there is the advantage that the
Nexus repo can act as the staging repo for the archives as well. This may
not be suitable for all ASF projects, but in general it can work well.