On 05/13/2013 08:06 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently, the Bag interface states that it violates the Collection
> contract. This is mainly because the interface was defined like that,
> but could be easily changed.
>
> As we are not binary compatible anymore with previous releases, it would
> be the right time to do this now (or leave it as it is till the end of
> time).
>
> Any opinions / objections on this?

As there have been some objections against this change, and I *really*
would like to cut an alpha release soon, I'd like to streamline the process.

Everybody is welcome to express his/her opinion on the following options:

[ ] +1 Yeah do this change, it's really time
[ ] +0 OK great, but we should add a Bag decorator which mimics the
       pre-4.0 behavior
[ ] -0 Well, I do not use collections and guava is cooler anyways
[ ] -1 I want to keep the Bag interface as is, but add a Bag decorator
       which makes it conform to the Collection contract

Thanks,

Thomas