Le 11/01/2013 08:36, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> We could also add the JDBC 4.1 methods to DBCP1 but I'm not sure I like the
> idea of three builds for that version.

I think we should do that. Debian and Fedora maintain a patch to be able
to build DBCP from source (see DBCP-385), but we should assume this burden.

I see 3 options, either:

1. Release DBCP 1.4.1 with no-op methods throwing a
SQLFeatureNotSupportedException or an UnsupportedOperationException.
This is what Fedora/Debian do.

2. Release DBCP 1.5 with the fully implemented methods and Java 7 as a
build requirement.

3. Release DBCP 1.4.1 or 1.5 with the fully implemented methods but
using reflection, thus compiling with Java 6 or Java 7.

What do you think ?

Emmanuel Bourg