2013/6/26 Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidh...@gmail.com>

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Thomas Neidhart <
> thomas.neidh...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to call a vote for releasing Commons Collections 4.0-alpha1
> > based on RC1.
> >
> > The files:
> >
> > The artifacts are deployed to Nexus:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-060/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.0-alpha1/
> >
> > Distribution files:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
> >
> > The tag:
> >

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_0_ALPHA1_RC1/
> >
> > The site:
> > http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.0-alpha1/RC1/
> >
> > Additional Notes:
> >
> > o the download page and api links to older releases only work on
> >   the published site and will be corrected after release.
> >
> > Please take a look at the commons-collections-4.0-alpha1 artifacts and
> > vote!

> > [ ] +1 release it.
> > [ ] +0 go ahead; I don't care.
> > [ ] -0 there are a few minor glitches: ...
> > [ ] -1 no, do not release it because ...
> >
> > Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
> >

> Hi,
>
> so far there has only been 1 vote (apart from my implicit one) and there
> are only a few hours to go.
>
> The issues related to javadoc are non-blocking if I understand it
> correctly, but I would even be fine to cut another RC to fix this.
>
> Otoh, due to the lack of interest in this component, it's maybe worthwhile
> to think about putting it to rest .... aka dormant status.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delay!

I don't have the time to review the RC currently. I hope get some time
tomorrow, but can not promise.

Putting collections into dormant status after you worked so hard for it
doesn't sound right. Just give people some time. Collections is one of the
bigger code bases and it takes some time to do a proper review.

A release vote has to stay open for _at least_ 72 hours, not at most :-)

Regards,
Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/