My vote was not directed toward the technical merits of the optimization
package. I am not an expert on optimization and I trust you in this regard.
My vote was a comment on the usability of the API. I find it to be
increasing difficult to use.

Maybe I have missed some refactoring, but why all of the depreicated
classes like