Hi,

I started a discussion about how make commons more attractive for new
comers a while ago [1]. Since then, I've created a twitter account
[2], cleaned up our ohloh profiles and requested git mirrors for all
proper components from Infra [3].

Now I'd like to take the next step by giving our websites a fresh new
look. I'm planning to use the fluido skin for Maven [4] for this. Why?
It uses twitter bootstrap, which I personally find very appealing.
Secondly, there are not so many other good skins available
(suggestions are welcome!).

Applying fluido and maybe some restructuring of the main site requires
some work, that I'd like to have under version control. I see two
options here:
1. create a branch at https://repos.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/branch
2. manually create a git mirror and push it to my github account

I favor 1. but I don't know whether a branch affects buildbot. I'd
like to start with the main site, before handling individual
components. After we have agreed on a design, we can go through all
components and change their design as well.

If nobody objects I'd like to start working on this, asap.

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://markmail.org/message/tda7qqjnkwwzwvua
[2] http://twitter.com/ApacheCommons