The "binding" annotations on this thread kind of bug me here - we
should be deciding this kind of thing by community consensus.
"Binding" is only meaningful in release votes and VOTE-ing in
general should be a last resort rather than early step in getting to
consensus.  I have tried to keep up with the threads but have yet to
see a really clear rationale for the move.  It would help me
personally get on board with allocating some of my own scarce
volunteering time to this if I someone could summarize what exactly
we will get out of it.

Phil