On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello Hen
>

> 2014/1/3 Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
>
> > Better move quick on 3.2.1. Only bit I don't like about that is that it
> > implies we shouldn't be committing anything that would lead us to want to
> > have a 3.3.
>

> I'm working on getting 3.2.1 RC1 out of the door this weekend.

*cheer* :)

> > I'm +1 for calendar defined minor releases btw. I think we should be
> > releasing monthly, if anyone has the energy to deal with the RMing :)
> >

> RMing is not such a big deal. I mean it's tedious, but it's okay, if you
> only have to to it once in a while. The problem is, that I don't see that
> much development activity. But let's see how the next weeks turn out.
>

>From my point of view, I tend to freeze up on activity when an RM is in the
works. Sure we could develop in parallel etc, but it's mostly about the
issue tracker and not developing lots of new features, so it's rare that
something has a long active life on a separate branch. The last time I
remember such was when I rewrote the text.translate stuff.

So I'm holding off on doing too much while you're in RM mode. I think we'd
benefit from a scheduled release cycle if you're up to handling it. An
intent that we release at the end of every 1, 2, 3, something months. If
we're releasing often, we shouldn't get sidetracked on the packaging as
we'll know we can fix it soon and there will have been less time for any
oddities to show up.

Hen