Am Tue, 04 Feb 2014 21:53:24 +0100
schrieb Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>:

> We could move the compiler and jar plugin into an own profile of the
> parent, that is automatically activated if src/main/java exists.
> That, however, enforces Maven 3 and standard layout for all Java
> projects.

Yes, I thought about this as well. I think this enforcing is not the
worst thing to do - but I guess you can also activate the profile in
your sub-pom if you insist on the wrong structure.

Or maybe the profile can be activated based on
build.sourceDirectory somehow? I guess all non-standard sub-poms have
to redefine that anyway.

This is a good thing to have. What about OSGi bundle
plugin? I am not sure if we need the pluginManagement
preconfiguration at all.

Gruss
Bernd