On 07.04.14 21:38, sebb wrote:
>> Indeed. It also has some peculiar behaviour in that it allows the
>> storage directory to be changed after initialisation.
>> Looks like the directory can be anywhere so it might use a directory
>> with existing files in it that are not actually cache files.
>> Seems rather dangerous to allow this.

Well then, as there is no documentation either, I'd say: away it goes.

>>> Well, based on the log output of Continuum it looks like the client
>>> tries to connect to the server before the server is up. I see lots of
>>> "connection refused" exceptions in the log.
>
> Which log file is that?
> I don't see these.

I don't see them anymore in the latest tests.

> Also, maybe we can add debug to the server startup to check that it is
> able to start?

There should be a log file under target/jcs.log. Successful start is
logged with level INFO.

>> I thought it was going to be a lot easier than it has turned out to be.
>> The code needs a lot of TLC to bring it up to date and make it thread-safe.

I've been investing a lot already to get it to the level it is now. You
may want to have a look at the 1.3 tag...

Bye, Thomas.