On 19/04/2014 02:16, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 4/18/14, 5:32 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>> Thought this might be of interest:
>>
>> http://jolbox.com/benchmarks.html
>
> I wonder what version of DBCP they were using.  Guess you have to
> dig into the source to figure that out.

Given the comparable performance to Tomcat's JDBC pool I suspect it is
DBCP2.

The Tomcat JDBC / DBCP Pool difference are similar to those I have
observed with the Tomcat JDBC performance tests (15-20%).

Given that the results are in nanoseconds I'm not particularly
concerned. As soon as you do any useful work with a database connection
a pool overhead of 20,000ns vs. 8,000ns (or 6,000ns vs. 3,000ns) is
going to vanish into the noise.

I suspect that DBCP takes longer because it is doing more.

Mark