How about giving the user the options

1. go the traditional way of calling the series of get methods and perform
the operation
or
2. the pure expression way (this wouldnt allow the user to mix with the
first style)

the 2nd option does seem very similar to what jxpath does for living, but
having said this i am not very sure of all the feature it comes bundled
with. Does it handle custom converters aswell?

Regards,
-Yogesh