There is also log4j 2.

Gary

<rmannibu...@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:06/01/2014  15:26  (GMT-05:00)

I have two main point to discuss regarding the logging:
1) LogHelper stuffI committed. Idea was to cache isDebugEnabled to get a if
(boolean) complexity and not go through the logging framework which can
imply several layers (filter, appender, handler, logger...) for nothing and
slow down caching (which has more perf constraints than other backends.
This really depends on the logger you use but we can't suppose it is the
one we benched against. Solutions I see: a) keep LogHelper, b) remove logs
(some are useless I think), 3) other?

2) logger api used. ATM we use [logging] but it will surely be an issue for
TomEE when integrated ([logging] is the less integrated framework -
compared to JUL or SLF4J where we don't have the choice at all) and I think
we'd be happy to remove it from the container to let it be application
oriented if we can. Any idea to make it hurtless? This doesn't urge and
doesn't block anything but if someone has an awesome idea it would be
welcomed ;)

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/