Hi everybody,

I'm a long time user of csv and am eagerly awaiting the 1.0 release.
Two major "bugs" are unresolved:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-35 Escaped line separators
are not supported

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-58 Unescape handling needs rethinking

IMHO the first one may be addressed after version 1.0. I feel like any
workaround for this issue will still work for any changes that might
be made in reaction to it.

The second one should in my opinion be resolved before 1.0. I feel
like users will be relying strongly on how escaping is handled. I'm
not quite sure about the status of the issue, but any escape chars
appearing or disappearing in 1.1 would be quite questionable for a
component as fundamental as csv parsing and writing. I for one
repeatedly chose apache commons-csv not only for the simple API, but
for the name as well, which in my head stands for: "don't worry about
it. we got this figured out."

My personal preference would be Csv* instead of CSV* as well. I am
using json-lib as well as gson and I prefer gson's Json* naming over
json-libs JSON* naming because it auto-completes a lot faster (JA
instead of JSONA for JsonArray/JSONArray if the IDE uses camel-case
auto-complete).

Kind Regards

Tillmann Gaida