To support https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-107, it would make
life easy to depend on Commons IO to use BOMInputStream and the classes it
depends on instead of copying them to [csv].

I think we need to deal with BOMs in [csv] because casual users may not
recognize the problem and using a BOMInputStream or other workaround is not
trivial to find. First recognizing that the stream has a thing called a BOM
and secondly finding a clean way to deal with said BOM. In addition, there
are different kinds of BOMs with different sizes to deal with.

I am fine with adding this dependency. Other Commons component depend on
others.

We can then also talk about whether ExtendedBufferedReader is generic
enough to move to [io].

Gary

--
E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org