Hi folks,

On 20.08.14 16:41, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> trying to make it complete:
>
> Solutions are:
> 1) [logging] - think it is deprecated too
> 2) log4j2: not integrated at all with anything so a bit early but we
> *need* to be compatible
> 3) slf4j: broken in hierarchical classloaders
> 4) JUL: not that friendly but prod ready in tomcat/tomee
> 5) custom logging solution: not a standard but exists in containers/frameworks
> 6) JCS logger facade

You forgot System.out :-)

Seriously, guys, I respect your deep personal involvement in one logging
framework or another, but this is a *Cache* that is supposed to support
other code without interfering too much. That is why JCS tries to live
with as less dependencies as possible (not even commons-lang).
If it must be, than I'd vote for 6) which would allow to make the
commons-logging dependency optional.

I agree with Romain, this may be resolved in 2.1. I'll create a version
in JIRA.

Bye, Thomas.