I'm not fond that we need this method. However you're raising a good point.
BooleanUtils only "talks" english. It understands "yes" and "no" but not
"ja" and "nein" or "oui" and "non". It would be nice to have a possibilty
to make the toBoolean(String) method work for other langues.
OTOH this can easily be implemented in a custom MyAppBooleanUtils which
delegates to commons BooleanUtils and passes the correct default values.