On 17 October 2014 09:07, Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 17/10/2014 09:44, Duncan Jones a écrit :
>
>> Is there a preferred approach to take here? I have a GitHub account,
>> so presumably I could be given rights to the repositories I commit to
>> (lang) and this would allow me to merge PRs directly into trunk. Would
>> such changes be reflected in our SVN code-base too?
>
> This is not possible unfortunately, the SVN repositories mirrored on
> Github are read-only. And even if we converted all our repositories to
> Git, the commits would have to be pushed to the Apache master repository
> and not the Github mirror since they aren't synced back.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Thanks for the info, Emmanuel. I'll carrying on happily working with
the patch files then.

Do you happen to know if GitHub will react to commit messages from SVN
in order to close PRs, such as described in [1]? No worries if you
don't - I'll find out soon enough when I test it.

Duncan

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23015168/how-to-close-a-github-pull-request-with-a-commit-comment