On 9 December 2014 at 16:18, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Commons Math SVN repo is now rather out of date; last commit is from
>> Sep:
>>
>> svn log -l 1 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/
>> r1625967 | erans | 2014-09-18 14:15:12 +0100 (Thu, 18 Sep 2014) | 5 lines
>>

>> Is there any point in keeping the tree now?
>>

> Does the git repo have ALL the history (commit by commit) that the SVN repo
> has? If not, we should keep it.

Given that provenance is so important for the ASF, would Infra support
a move that did not preserve history?

Note also that removal of branches and tags etc from an SVN repo does
NOT remove the history (or indeed the files) from the repo.
So even if the SVN history were required, it could still be recovered.
And this will be trivial to do given provided that we keep the
top-level directory.