While preparing the [vfs] release I noticed that quite some Fixes which
are mentioned in the changes.xml are not in the JIRA report.

After digging a bit closer for some I guess it is due to the fact that
those issues have been marked as "Improvement" in JIRA, which is not
filtered by the parent:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-532
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-542

Is this intentional? There are already quite a lot of overlap of Jira
and changes, so I dont see a reason to skip the "improvement" bugs. The
comment in the parent pom could suggest, that it is not wanted to skip
"improvement" but "sub-tasks":

     <!-- Don't include sub-task -->
     <typeIds>Bug,New Feature,Task,Improvement,Wish,Test</typeIds>

So should we add "improvement" here as well?

But I think this does not explain all missing bugs, the Bug 309 is also
missing in my local site build, no idea why:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-309

Is this some timeout/overflow problem or another filter?

Gruss
Bernd