I've had to give up trying to get Continuum to use Git, so I set up a
Jenkins build for Math

It seems Jenkins itself needs Java 1.6+, and the JAVA_1_x_HOME
variables don't seem to have been set up on the Jenkins hosts, so the
-Pjava-1.5 profile does not work as is.

However I found that the JAVA_1_5_HOME variable can be defined on the
Maven command-line.

This works, provided that Java 1.5 is always installed in the same
location on different hosts.

[The JAVA_1_x_HOME variables were designed get around this
restriction, as they can be differently defined on different hosts]

Hopefully the builds will be useful in detecting accidental use of
Java 1.6+ APIs

So far I have only added Commons Math itself.
I hope to add the examples shortly.