Am Sat, 10 Jan 2015 01:04:56 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb dlmar...@comcast.net:

> To answer your question about the HDFS version, I went back and
> looked at the patches I supplied for VFS-530. In the patches that I
> supplied to bump the Hadoop version to 2.4.0 and 2.6.0 the only
> changes were in the pom. This should mean that, for the parts of the
> Hadoop client objects that I am using, they are API compatible.

Well, you never know. But if thats the case there is also no problem if
we stay at the older version for now.

> For the example, the list of jars depends on the Hadoop version. I
> think one way to handle that is to use the `hadoop classpath` command
> to create the classpath. The example would then look like:

Looks great, thanks.

> VFS Shell 2.1-SNAPSHOT
> > info
> Default manager:
> "org.apache.commons.vfs2.impl.StandardFileSystemManager" version
> 2.1-SNAPSHOT Provider Schemes: [https, res, gz, hdfs, sftp, ftps,
> ram, http, file, ftp, tmp, bz2] Virtual Schemes: [zip, war, par, ear,
> jar, sar, ejb3, tar, tbz2, tgz]
>

> Is this sufficient?

Did you try to use ls or another command to actually connect to a
hdfs name node? I think you should be able to provide
"user:password@host" with the Shell.

I have currently the problem, that the hdfs tests fail (under Linux)
with some form of directory lock problem. I am not sure if this worked
before (as I havent tested on my windows). I will see if the version
upgrade helps, if yes I will for sure include it in 2.1

Greetings
Bernd