It might be my fault for misrepresenting "The Commons-RDF community" -
personally I am fairly fresh to the Apache (Oct 2014). The other, core
committers involved in Commons-RDF are seasoned Apache folks. I've
just tried to be a mediator.. My fault.

I think the community around commons-rdf is already strong and diverse
- if small.

How to smoothly transition that community into dev@commons is the
challenge.  themselves with dev@commons.

I don't think the existing dev@commons community would have any
problem with the RDF activity - several have welcomed it and shown
interest in helping out.

But what about the other way around? It is the existing (partially
non-Apache) community that we need feedback from to shape the API -
but which several are worried would be scared about being thrown right
into dev@commons, which I hope you can see is a different, bigger
community than that of a "regular" TLP - given the small size of the
project.

I don't believe the "core committers" would have any problems with
dev@commons - the problem is the bigger community (the users@rdf in a
way) which we need to help shape what the API should and shouldn't do.

On 20 January 2015 at 14:17, Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org> wrote:
>> Agree that maybe the the Incubator with a projected path to the
>> Commons could be a workable middle ground while Commons-RDF is still
>> "incubating" code-wise (but not community or Apache Way-wise).
>
> To me it comes across as if community/ASF wise is the more important
> part. This is really not meant as an offense, but if you re-read this
> thread you will see that the community part hasn't been going so well
> yet.
>
> cheers,
> Torsten

Stian Soiland-Reyes