On 02/10/2015 09:49 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there was some discussion about this a while ago, and it seemed that
> there was consensus to do as written in the subject.
>
> If there are no objections, then I will soon do the change (including
> the update of package / maven artifacts for 4.0).
>
> The current changelog for 3.5 will be kept for 4.0.

Hi all,

I have not committed the changes.

The latest 3.X branch is named MATH_3_X and can be used like that:

 * git checkout MATH_3_X

The master has been updated to commons-math4:

 * maven coordinates: org.apache.commons.commons-math4
   version: 4.0-SNAPSHOT
 * package: org.apache.commons.math4

Furthermore, the commons parent has been updated to 37.

We had some discussion about the next minimum required java version. If
I remember correctly, there was no real consensus, but we should agree
on something in the next couple of weeks.

I would opt for Java 7 as minimum required version, but can also live
with Java 8 if there is a strong opposition to Java 7.

Thomas