So you should observe the same behavior wtih JDK 8, I think.

cheers,
dalibor topic

On 29.05.2015 20:57, Gary Gregory wrote:
It's a fair question to ask esp. WRT compatibility vs. fix.
Gary

-------- Original message --------
From: Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Date: 05/29/2015  11:07  (GMT-08:00)
To: Rory O'Donnell <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>, Dalibor Topic <dalibor.to...@oracle.com>,
Balchandra Vaidya <balchandra.vai...@oracle.com>, Vivek Theeyarath
<vivek.theeyar...@oracle.com>
Cc: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: [compress] JDK 9 b64 - interpretation of TimeZone in ZipEntry#getTime
has changed?

Hi

I'm not sure whether I should raise a bug or this is an intended change.

Apart from the bunzip2 problem - more on that in a separate mail - one
other Unit test fails in Commons Compress.  In our test we use a method
to "fix" the time read from a ZIP entry with the following comment:

     /**
      * InfoZIP seems to adjust the time stored inside the LFH and CD
      * to GMT when writing ZIPs while java.util.zip.ZipEntry thinks it
      * was in local time.
      *
      * The archive read in {@link #testSampleFile} has been created
      * with GMT-8 so we need to adjust for the difference.
      */

This no longer seems to be true and ZipEntry#getTime now also assumes
time to be in UTC.  Has this change been made intentionally?

Cheers

         Stefan

<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961
<tel:+491737185961>

Oracle | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg
<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment