On 09/04/2015 08:14 PM, sebb wrote:
On 5 September 2015 at 01:13, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 00:56:54 +0100, sebb wrote:
On 5 September 2015 at 00:55, Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/04/2015 06:06 PM, Gilles wrote:

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:03:08 -0500, Ole Ersoy wrote:

On 09/04/2015 10:26 AM, Gilles wrote:

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:11:04 -0500, Ole Ersoy wrote:

You have left over files in `target` after switching between the
branches.  For example check out `math4`.  Build it.  Switch to the
`math3` branch.  Build it.  Now `target` will contain both classes
from the math3 branch and the math4 branch.

No it's not the problem.
They are _source_ files.

Ahh - OK - Not sure if this will help, but you can for example
exclude the math3 package files from compilation like this:

</includes> </configuration> </plugin> </plugins>|

That works fine!

Thus it's not that maven _has_ to compile everything under "src/main";
it can be told otherwise.
Perhaps there are nasty side effects to that selection (?).

If someone clones the master off of github in order to experiment and
they
are used to being able to compile everything under `src/main/java` then
they
may be in for a surprise.

Otherwise, I still don't understand why it cannot be included in the
POM file...

You could create two new branches that you have your own POM
modifications
in:

- math3-gilles
- math4-gilles

IIUC, that would exchange "stash" for "merge".
I fail to see the gain. :-{
These would be 2 temporary branches for your local environment only.  Once the
changes are made and merged back into the original branches, these can be
thrown away.  IIUC you just want a temporary place to do experiments with
regressions, etc.  Personally I just like to have a sandbox branch to
experiment with changes in case I mess something up ... OK fine when I mess
something up :).

Ole