Hi Ole,

for a start, I think you are asking the wrong question.
First of all we need to agree that we want to add some kind of logging
facility to CM.
If the outcome is positive, there are a handful of alternatives, some of
them more viable than slf4j in the context of CM (e.g. JUL or
commons-logging).

btw. the same discussion has been done for other commons components as
well, and the result usually was: do not add logging

Thomas