Hello Gary,

if we can release a fixed version quickly I would agree, but it is not
really needed for a reply to the ongoing FUD.

A statement would be "the dicovered vulnerability is in applications
using JavaObject serialisation from untrusted sources and not
implementing additional precaution like whitelists or restricted
classloaders, it is not in one of the many example classes used by the
POC exploits. Neighter Spring, Groovy or Apache Commons are responsible
for the security bug.

Even tough, Apache Commons plans to add some infrastructure for
restricting the currently most often used class for "gadget chains" to
not suport de-serialisationby default. This will be provided for 3.2
and 4.0 branches (with an programmatic and system property option
to turn the old behavior back on)"

I havent blogged on the ASF blogs yet, but I would be willing to write
on a text like that.

Gruss
Bernd