I don't see the patch. It might be stripped off by the mail server.

From: Roger Whitcomb [mailto:roger.whitc...@actian.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 5:12 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: [VFS] Further changes to HDFS Provider for alternate configuration
support

Hi all,

                In trying to solve some customer issues we're having, mainly
to do with trying to browse HDFS files when the Name Node is configured for
High-Availability, I found I needed to make some more changes/additions to
the VFS HDFS Provider.  I have attached a diff/patch file.  But, a couple of
questions:

.         This is a follow-on (basically) to my earlier patch for VFS-555,
should I open a new JIRA, or just reopen the existing one?

.         Since this actually changes an API (but which is not released
yet), is that an acceptable thing to do?

.         The new properties I have added to HdfsFileSystemConfigBuilder are
not actually symmetrical, so they don't fit the definition of a Java
"property", that is the setters are "setXXX" while the getters are "getXXXs"
(plural). The logic behind this is that the setters are called by user code,
and each can be called multiple times.  The getters are only (meant to be)
called by the HdfsFileSystem object (that is internally to the
HdfsProvider), and thus it is a lot easier to get all the settings at once
than to have to make multiple calls, with potentially iterators, etc.

.         Is this too big a change to fit in last-minute before the release
of VFS 2.1?

Patch is attached.

Thanks,

~Roger Whitcomb