Hi all,

we have just released a new version of the collections component and I
wanted to start a discussion about the future of this component.

In the past years I spent some time to clean up the component and also
add a few things that I found worth the effort (which I tend to use in
my day jobs as well). As of today, there are no open bugs (only feature
requests) so the component can be considered to be in good shape, but
apart from myself, there is no real community around the component anymore.

I had planned to step back from maintaining this component after the 4.1
release and so the time has finally come. If needed I will probably fix
bugs that will be reported for the latest release, but I have no
interest in further driving this component and catching up wrt latest
JDK features and guava. Maybe somebody else sees some potential and
wants to take over, and I would be happy to help out if needed.

Thomas