On 16 April 2016 at 01:00, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> That definitely seems easier. +1.

Another advantage is that it should make it simpler to automate
creating the dist/dev staging area from Nexus.
The staging area could be created as dist/dev/commons/abc/abc-123-RC4.
There would then be less chance of voting on stale artifacts as each
RC would have its own area.

> Would that mess up any sort of sync jobs
> (maven and stuff)?

AFAIK Maven does not know the existing layout, since it varies between projects.
(The commons build plugin is the only place that does know, and it has
to be specifically told)

Mirrors will take everything under dist, including dist/commons

I suppose it's possible some 3rd parties may make assumptions about
the layout, but it's not standard across ASF projects.