Le 25/04/2016 03:04, sebb a écrit :

> However the distribution naming convention needs to distinguish
> between releases using different Java packages.

I don't think that's a justified requirement, unless we intent to use
the same version with different packages (for example a version 3.5 of
commons-lang using the old org.apache.commons.lang package, and a
version 3.5 using the new org.apache.commons.lang3 package). This will
never happen.

> So how do you suggest fixing that problem?

As I suggested, by not using the artifactId. The options are:
1. [component]-[version]/
2. [version]/

The option 2 has my preference (the path already contains the name of
the component, no need to repeat it).

Emmanuel Bourg