On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> That was me. I have had those thoughts and mentioned them a few times
> since Java 7 was released. But absolutely no effort has been expended to do
> it.
>
> My personal opinion is that I am comfortable with releasing 2.1 with the
> issues Gary mentions.  There should have been 10 releases for VFS 2 by now.

Well, yeah, RERO would have been great but it was not on high enough on my
priority list too ;-) The issue we have now would have popped each time we
wanted to break BC, so we could have gotten a better feel for it with RERO
and 10 VFS 2.x releases under our belts! But we are stuck with a Big Bang
release now.

I would request another RC from the RM, and let the community decide by
VOTE.

Gary