Dependency management cures this; if you don't want to pick up newer
versions, you can prevent it. Since dep management doesn't know about
ranges or semantic versioning, you need to then pay attention if you
want a compatible version that comes along.

I guess it's a question of which poison you prefer. If people here
prefer bumping artifactids and package names, so be it.