Hello,

Apache Commons CRYPTO was established at May 9, 2016[1], There are presently
numbers of resolved issues fix in CRYPTO[2]. Recently, we also fixed the legal
issue[3].

With the first release, we can begin to promote CRYPTO to other Apache
components, like Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, so that they can benefit the
higher performance improvement from Apache Commons Crypto.

We plan the following three opening features to next release(I think it should
be 1.1.0): GCM support[4], JNACipher implementation[5] and benchmark tool[6].
Please let me know if there is anything need to be done before the release.

Regards
Dapeng

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCAB917RJkcNYL4KeRJTo%3D5F7P3A4iyME0TA40GNmuU4RLs5N4KQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E