I really don’t think the premier & extended support dates should really mean
much, except as an indicator of how many users of that version might still
exist.  Basically, no new features are going to be added to Java so I don’t
think we should be targeting new features there either. If there is a bug that
needs to be fixed it should be possible to do it on a branch of the the release
for that version of Java.  The web site should clearly indicate which versions
of the component support the appropriate Java versions.

Ralph