I'd be a little worried about switching to log4j 2. Two of the main
targets of this library when it was proposed were Spark and Hadoop,
both of which do not use log4j 2; you might be able to configure them
too, but Spark at least has functionality built on top of log4j 1.2,
and I'm not sure how well it works with v2 at all.

I'm totally for the idea of not logging, though.

--
Marcelo