> On Aug 10, 2016, at 6:43 PM, Artem Barger <ar...@bargr.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>> But if all are happy to require Java 7, I wouldn't certainly
>> oppose it!
>
> ​And what about going forward and switching to Java 8? Or this sort of
> decision
> should be received broadly across ​all commons projects?

I would guess that we would want to be compatible with the oldest version of
Java possible dictated out of necessity. By that I mean if there's something of
considerable substance that a newer version affords us, then we should upgrade.
But that's only really the thought that runs through my head. I'm not really
tied to it.

Cheers,
-Rob