This sounds very similar to the previous attempt to do this that broke our tool
Daikon.  Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BCEL-79 and make sure
we're not doing this incorrectly again.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time right now to do a full review.  If no one
else volunteers, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Mark