Hi guys,
Would you be interested in adding a utility class that creates alphabet
converters, perhaps using a helper method available from StringUtils? It
doesn't have to stay the way it is now, but the API for the class -
AlphabetConverter - is currently:
/** * The input is integers representing code points, but we can make it accept
chars as well * * doNotEncode represents chars we want to leave in the original
state (not to encode them using the chars in encoding) */
public AlphabetConverter(Set<Integer> original, Set<Integer> encoding,
Set<Integer> doNotEncode);
public String encode (String original);

public String decode (String encoded);
In StringUtils, we could add

public AlphabetConverter getAlphabetConverter (Set<Integer> original,
Set<Integer> encoding, Set<Integer> doNotEncode);
I used it to convert from unicode to latin letters, without using any chars I
wanted as delimiters, and preserving the English alphabet as is for
readability. If you'd like to add it, I'll clean up the code and prepare it for
a pull request so you can review it.

It makes sense to me to add a method that returns the HashMaps used internally
for the mappings so they can be serialized (and deserialized) for preserving
the mapping.
Regards,Eyal Allweil (PayPal)