Op 03-09-16 om 15:29 schreef sebb:
On 3 September 2016 at 13:14, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Damjan,

nice you're back. I think there is only one thing left before 1.0 can ne
released and that is the findbugs violations. They are mainly about
exposure of internal state because the public API accepts byte arrays as
input parameter. An easy way to fix this would be to copy the arrays. But I
think that would be very bad for Performance...

On the other hand, if the existing API is kept, it's not going to be
possible to easily change the design without breaking compatibility.

The more internal state is exposed, the harder it is to change code in
the future.
And the harder it is to fully test the code.

I've not looked at the code recently, but would it be possible to wrap
the byte array in an object, and only provide access via methods?

It would be fairly easy to replace individual entry reads and writes
with getters and setters, but that might be too expensive for some
operations.
Depending on how many other such operations there are it might be
possible to provide other methods for them.

Regards,
Benedikt

As an actual user of Commons Imaging, I'd like to chime in and say: make those changes and break compatibility now.

--
Amedee Van Gasse
QA Engineer | iText Software BVBA