On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:44:27 +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
Le 22/09/2016 à 13:24, Gilles a écrit :

The fact is that we don't distribute the original code (in C)
but a Java port (that has undergone several transformations).

That's still a derivative from the original code.

Sure, but my point is that if release source then we already
comply with the author's request by copying their copyright
note in the Java source file.

It is confusing to read at times that "Apache only releases sources" and
at other that we also release binaries...

I agree, I understand this motto as "We don't have to release binaries
if we don't want to".

OK; in that case, we do release binaries and have to put another
copy of the copyright notice...

Gilles

Emmanuel Bourg