Hi.

I'm very sorry for the late reply; somehow your mail got buried
in my mailbox.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:14:46 +0330, Navid Veradi wrote:
Hello
I'm a newcomer to ASF and wanted to start contributing on projects. As I was browsing the "Help Wanted" section, I saw your add for "Review the API of a new component of the "Commons" project before release 1.0." and I want
to help.

I'm quite new to open source development and java but I'm not new to
development. I have 3+ years of work experience in Php, Swift and Python. I know my way around java though I'm not as thorough in it as the others I
mentioned.
I can help with any task like documentation, writing unit tests or
development but will surely need some help to get a hang on the project.
Let me know if I could be of any help.

Surely, you could, in one way or another.

The first step, would probably be to browse the web site and/or
the source repository of "Commons RNG":
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/

Note that there is an ongoing vote for having an official first
release of the new component:
  http://markmail.org/message/r24rz5ldvqaudyuh

You are welcome to give your opinion:
  http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html