Pascal Schumacher wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> commons-text currently depends on commons-lang. This dependency is
> included into the jar via the maven shade plugin.
>
> Only two methods from lang are really needed:
>
> StringUtils#containsAny
>
> StringUtils#containsNone
>
> As dependencies should be minimized I'm not sure if adding a dependency
> for two methods (less than 60 lines of code) is a good idea.
>
> What do you think?

Actually I don't understand why do you want to remove it. It was made
dependent on purpose. The shade plugin - if properly configured - will only
include StringUtils as a private package in commons-text - so this
dependency exists only at build time. We had a bad history of copied code in
commons, because the original code got bug fixes and the copies were never
updated later on.

Cheers,
Jörg